Texas Memorial Stadium Rules
Texas Athletics is committed to maintaining a safe and enjoyable environment for all. All patrons and attendees are to follow these guidelines:
- Contribute to making the environment of Texas Athletics the very best by upholding the spirit of collegiate athletics.
- Ensure all fans are treated in a consistent, professional and polite way by all staff and team personnel.
- Support our teams in a positive manner while treating visiting fans, teams and officials with dignity and respect.
- Promote an environment that minimizes disruption, creates a safe atmosphere for all, prevents interference with the game and ensures the enjoyment of the game for everyone.
- Refrain from using foul or abusive language or inappropriate gestures or attire.
- Be responsible when consuming alcoholic beverages. Impairment, intoxication, underage consumption and unruly behavior will be addressed immediately.
- Sit only in the seat designated on your ticket and be prepared to present the ticket, if requested.
- Acknowledge that The University of Texas at Austin is a tobacco-free campus, including e-cigarettes and smokeless cigarettes/tobacco.
- Comply with emergency messages, emergency procedures and requests from staff concerning the facility and gameday operations.
Refusal to adhere to the guidelines may result in ejection from the facility and without refund. Where else, violation of laws or city ordinances may result in arrest and prosecution. Fans are reminded to report any issues concerning this Code of Conduct to a security guard or event staff personnel, or use the text messaging feature noted below the video board.
A clear bag policy is in effect at all Texas Athletics venues on the Forty Acres. Approved bags include:
- Bags that are clear plastic and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″
- One-gallon clear resealable plastic storage bags
- Small clutch bags or purses do not have to be clear but cannot exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″.
Prohibited bags include:
- Diaper bags*
- Cases (camera, binoculars, etc.)
- Fanny packs
- Printed pattern plastic bags
- Reusable grocery totes
- Mesh or straw bags
- Duffle bags
- Large totes
(Items normally carried in a diaper bag must be put into a clear plastic bag for venue entry.)
- Artificial noisemakers
- Large bags (see the above Clear bag policy)
- Banners, flags, flag poles, selfie sticks, signs, umbrellas, etc.
- Cameras with detachable lenses greater than 10″, GoPros, video cameras, and tripods
- Explosive and flammable materials, disabling chemicals and other dangerous items
- Only snacks needed for medical purposes are allowed.
- Items deemed a safety hazard or annoyance (Frisbees, balloons, projectiles, laser pointers, fireworks, firearms, weapons, etc.)
- Outside beverages or beverage containers, including sealed or empty water bottles
- Pets (except
- Only service dogs are allowed into the stadium.
- The service dog should be wearing identifiable attire and be harnessed or tethered in some fashion.
- All forms of tobacco including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, and smokeless tobacco are banned from campus.
- No weapons of any kind are permitted in DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, in Moncrief-Neuhaus Athletics Center, or in any designated UT venue. Any individual carrying a weapon on campus must secure their weapon in their vehicle or other property prior to entering the building.
- The Campus Carry law (S.B. 11) does not pertain to sporting events on campus. No weapons of any kind are permitted in Texas Athletics sporting events.
Only authorized persons with proper credentials are allowed on the field. Fans entering the field area without proper credentials are subject to eviction and arrest. Credentials for field access are not available for purchase.
There are no re-entries allowed at the Darell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.